Friday, August 22, 2008

One Week Down

So we survived the first week! I have to say (knock on wood) my kids are really sweet! I had a blast with them this week and it really made me remember why I started teaching. They are just the sweetest little group. I know that it all has to do with the prayers I have been saying and getting! I have made it a point every morning to pray for my students and myself on the way to school. I am excited about this year and feel really lucky to be at my school. I also am so blessed with an awesome assistant who is unbelievable! She does things before I even have to ask! It is great to have someone to work with who is so positive and fun to be around.
Well, PD's first week was great too! The first day home I asked so what did you learn today? He said I didn't learn nothing! :) Great! I am really excited though because he has the same teacher he had last year for homeroom and she is awesome! I was also worried because most of his friends are taking either band or orchestra and he is taking MAD (music,art drama). But he came home very excited about his art class and doesn't seem to be disappointed about not being in band!
By the way if you want to know how to get help for the drought just schedule baseball practice! That's right we had our first fall ball practice tonight and it poured! But it all worked out the kids enjoyed playing in the rain and the parents hung out in the dugout! Well that is all we have this week. I guess now that ball has started back we might have some interesting story to share!Yeah for the weekend! I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow!

No comments: