Since I was late in the game with this blog I wanted to recap our summer. I know most of you are aware of what we did but since I have no time to scrapbook and this is so much easier I want post pictures on here for future reference. So if you are one of those people who know all my business then just look away!
PD went to two baseball camps in June. One at Spartanburg Methodist College and the other at Byrnes High School. Since he is so cool I did not get any pictures at either camp. You know boys just don't appreciate their mom following them around the baseball field with a camera! We also enjoyed going to weekly outings with our church this summer. We had a blast going to Pump It Up, gymnastics, lunch out and Hatcher's Garden. In July we celebrated PD 's 10th birthday with a blow out party! He had not had a b-day party since he was five so we decided to go all out this year. Thanks to PopPop and Anne Mommy we had a water slide, bounce house, horseback riding and fishing for PD's party! Everyone had a great time. Here are some pictures of all the fun.





We also enjoyed getting together with some of my prayer group for play dates this summer. Even though PD is the big guy in the crowd he usually has a great time! We went swimming at Stephanie's mom's pool one day and had a great time!



The night before we left for the beach our church had a lock-in at Fun Bees! We met at the church at 10 for board games. At midnight we went to Fun Bees for unlimited putt-putt, go carts and games. Since Allen was going to drive the next day, I got to enjoy staying up all night with kids 1st through 6th grade! We had a blast! I was playing Putt-Putt at 4 am!

Our sweet neighbor Kady offered to drive PD around the track. He was not interested in driving but had a blast riding around with Kady!


The boys played basketball the next morning when we got back! They just kept going and going and going....

The Saturday after the lock-in we left for Harbor Island with my parents, brother, grandma and my brother's friend and his son. We used to vacation there with our friends the Oates every summer but had not been there in I am afraid to say it but 20 years! So we decided to visit and see if it has changed much. It is totally different from Myrtle Beach! There are only a few restaurants and not much commercial stuff to do. We had a blast! We saw lots of ocean life that normally you don't see. We even found one end of the island where we could hang out and not see anyone on the whole beach! PD enjoyed seeing dolphins, a shark (yikes! too close for my liking), an alligator, jelly fish, crabs, horseshoe crabs and turtles. He was into walking the beach and discovering new stuff. I think it was one of the most relaxing vacations we have had in a long time!
This is on the boardwalk in Beaufort. It was about a 20 minute drive there and it had lots of neat shops and cool playground.

This is PD and my mom on part of the island that was just us.When the tide came in that grass would be covered with water.

This is my mom, dad and Grammie. My Grammie enjoyed getting out and walking on the beach and watching Allen fish. She sat on the porch at our house and read books and talked to Allen as he fished most of the week.

Here is PD on one of the neat things at the playground in Beaufort. I think he could have stayed there all day!

We visited Hunting Island one day and walked out on the pier. It was a really neat view and you could see Fripp Island from the end.

PD enjoyed playing Volleyball with my brother, Zachary and Randall! My mom and I even played him and my brother one day but sadly there are no pictures to document it! Let's just say PD said "Oh mom come on!" about 100 times during our game.

This is one of my favorite pictures from our trip. Allen and PD enjoyed looking for shells and even crabs in the evening. It was really neat to watch them walk around and discover all the cool stuff !

Allen really liked the fact that he could fish right beside our house. We could watch from the balcony and he had a blast. This is one of fish he caught our first day there.

At Hunting Island we visited the lighthouse! It was really neat but man was it high! I was not so excited to go stand out on the ledge but here is Mike, Zachary and PD braving it!

The week before school started we went to our church's annual picnic at Lyman Lake. I have to say we normally do not attend this event. But Allen promised a certain someone we would be there so we did and I am so glad we went! It was great fun and it really was not that hot either!
PD had a great time playing on all the playground equipment of course it is the old school kind that has been banned from all other playgrounds for safety reasons! I guess that's what makes it so fun!

Ok , I had to include this shot. PD called my name I turned to take his picture and got blasted with a water gun! Fun times!

These are some of the sweet girls in my prayer group! We had a fun time hanging out at the picnic!

This is Allen and sweet Mattie! They had fun looking at rocks and such.Later I discovered they were discussing the goose poop they found! I am sure her parents appreciate him educating her on goose poop!

Yes, that is my 10 year old hanging with the youth! I think that is coming way too quick!

So if you hung out and read all that you are caught up on our life this summer. Now that school is back in I am sure it will not be near as exciting! We will see.
1 comment:
That certain someone that made you, I mean, invited you to that church picnic must REALLY love you!
Post a Comment