Sunday, December 21, 2008

Family Holiday Writing

Peyton is in writing club at his school and on Tuesday they had family holiday writing. Allen and I joined him to write about some of our family memories. It was a nice to talk about some of our families tradition and it occurred to me that many of my traditions are being passed on to Peyton. For example, my family always opens one present on Christmas Eve and we always stay up to see that Santa has been spotted on the weather radar before going to bed. We still do both of those things with Peyton. He said his fondest memory is when Santa left a basketball goal outside for him. He said I remember waking up and thinking he forgot and then I saw a note to look outside. Below are some pictures of our time.
Peyton working on his story
Allen and Peyton writing together Peyton and his buddy Kyle

Our family

Peyton and me
It was a sweet time together and it was really touching to hear all the stories about Christmas. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: