Needless to say I was tired Saturday morning. But our busy weekend continued. We traveled to my mom's hometown to see my Grammie in the Christmas parade! She was the Grand Marshall of the parade! It was lots of fun and my Grammie looked beautiful! Allen, Peyton and I stayed the night with her and enjoyed being spoiled. Saturday night she made homemade chicken salad and salmon stew (which she attempted to teach me to make but after not knowing what a double boiler is I think she gave up!). Sunday morning I woke up to bacon frying and a breakfast of eggs, grits and toast. Then we went to church with her and enjoyed lunch with my Uncle, Aunt and cousins. It was a wonderful weekend and we enjoyed visiting.
My cousin, Traci, me and Peyton waiting on the parade
Grammie and her pretty red hat 
Grammie and Peyton (holding the blue ribbon my Uncle won for most original float)
Sunday afternoon we came back so I would have time to make something to take to our Sunday school party that night. However, we weren't counting on getting stuck in a Christmas parade for 40 minutes! So.. Publix once again came to the rescue and we made it home just in time to have a great night of fellowship with our Sunday school class. It was such a busy weekend but we got to spend it with our family and friends so all the rushing around was worth it! Now we are counting down the days until Christmas break!YIPPEE!
Grammie and Peyton (holding the blue ribbon my Uncle won for most original float)
3 comments:
Yeah, don't forget, you still owe me from Sunday night!!!
I know I was going to bring you some Wednesday night but caught the funk and figured you wouldn't want me cooking you anything!
Post a Comment