We spent our weekend here:

PD had a tournament with the team who wants him to play travel ball. I must say it was an experience and a long weekend. We were at the ball field Saturday morning at 9:45 and did not get home until 7 Saturday night. Sunday it was the same story. PD had 4 games this weekend and had a good time playing. His team did
ok for their first tournament together. They played very well on Sunday and won their last game. We think it had something to do with a lucky dime in PD 's shoe from his Uncle Mike. As a matter of fact he wore it in his shoe to school today so he wouldn't get any checks and it worked again! Below are some pictures of the action.
PD getting ready to head for home.

Watching the pitcher to see if he can steal home!

Still waiting.

Sliding into home.. no he was out!

Ready for a play at first!

Trying to hold them on first.

Running for third

Wearing his rally cap in the dug out!

Getting ready to bat

Team meeting after the game.

Talking to one of the coaches after the game.

Sunday after the final game.. do you think he is tired?

It was a good experience for us this weekend to see what travel ball involves. I have to say to is a huge commitment that we are not ready to make at this time. For us the main thing that we can not commit to is missing church twice a month to play ball. We love our church and we feel it is important for our family to be there. This was one of those times when it is hard to be a parent because we are doing what is best for PD in the long run but I don't think at his age he sees it that way. We had a talk about it last night and he is disappointed but I think he understands that there are more important things for our family. We have come to an agreement that we will get him some private pitching and batting lessons instead. We believe in the long run he will benefit from that more. We also did not feel a united feeling with the team. We just didn't see it as a good fit for us. I am glad that PD had the experience and we were able to see what that world is like but we know that we are not ready for it !
I will say there was one team out there that I was very impressed with and could totally see us being on that type of team. This team had prayer together on the mound with the team they played after every game. (I missed this with my camera) I also got the feeling there was some kind of worship together for those families since they missed church for the tournament. I thought that was a good way for those families to have both!
On a side note the tournament was at Heritage Park in
Simpsonville and it was awesome! They have a beautiful place and I was so impressed! If you have not been there besides the ball fields they have a cool train ride, picnic area and playground! I want to go back soon and visit the things we didn't have time to do. I think it would be a great place for a play date! I am excited that we have no baseball on our schedule this week! We are looking forward to things finally slowing down.. at least until we start Upward!
No comments:
Post a Comment